Canada’s New Prime Minister seems to be breaking the internet, after Kim Kardashian. The fact that he has taken everyone by surprise is his age, good looks, and the low probability he had of wining. Liberal or Conservative, Justin Trudeau is the Man of the Hour.
Here are a few facts about Canada’s new Prime Minister:
1.Justin swept the federal elections with a stunning victory on 19th October, 2015.
2. Canada’s New Prime Minister is just 43 years old
3. Trudeau is the son of Late Canadian Prime minster Pierre Trudeau, who was the 15th prime minster of Canada
4. He is the 2nd youngest person to become Canada’s prime minster after Joe Clark
5. Justin does boxing as a hobby and has participated in charity boxing events
6. Trudeau has a Bachelor of Arts degree in literature from McGill University and a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of British Columbia.
7. Prior to becoming head of state of Canada, Justin used to work as a French and math teacher at West Point Grey Academy and Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in Vancouver.
8. Canada’s new First Lady Sophie Grégoire is a televison host and childhood friend of Justin’s. The couple tied the knot in May,2005.
9. The new royal couple of Canada has three children: Xavier James (born October 2007), Ella-Grace Margaret (February 2009) and Hadrien (born February 2014)
10. He is a feminist. In a recent interview with the Toronto Star, Trudeau said, “I’m proud to be a feminist. My mother raised me to be that way, and my father (two-time former prime minister Pierre Trudeau) was a different generation, but he raised me to respect and defend everyone’s rights, and I deeply grounded my own identity in that.”
11. He’s got some killer dance moves and he is not shy to indulge in different cultures!